- 1 lb (500 g) ground veal
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) M'Lord sundried tomatoes, drained
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) M'Lord grilled peppers, drained
- Fresh basil leaves
- Old cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
ÉTAPES DE PRÉPARATION
- In a bowl, combine ground veal, onion, basil, breadcrumbs, egg and pepper.
- Shape 4 patties and brush them with Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook patties on the BBQ over high heat for 1 minute on each side. Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the outside of patties are golden and the inside is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter and sauté mushrooms. Keep cooking mushrooms until they are golden. Season and set aside.
- Serve veal patties on kaiser rolls. Top with grilled mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, grilled peppers, basil leaves and cheddar.