- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 slice of mild pancetta, finely diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) port wine
- 1/2 can (398 ml) M'Lord Bing cherries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup apples, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) roasted pine nuts
- 1 brie cheese, approx. 3/4 lb (375 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chives, finely chopped
ÉTAPES DE PRÉPARATION
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a skillet, brown onion and pancetta in butter for approx. 10 minutes. Deglaze with port wine. Add the cherries and apples. Reduce until almost dry. Add the pine nuts. Mix well.
- Place cheese on a 12-inch (30 cm) square of aluminum foil. Fold sides up around the cheese to prevent spillage and place on baking sheet. Pour cherry mix over the cheese.
- Cook for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve hot with bread or crackers.