- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (454 g) mild Italian sausage meat
- 4 cups (1 L) tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried herbs
- 24 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 jar (250 ml) M'Lord grilled red peppers
- 1 jar (250 ml) M'Lord sundried tomatoes
- 1 jar (250 ml) M'Lord grilled eggplant
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup (250 g) cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cup (375 ml) mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook shallot and sausage meat until golden. Add tomato sauce and herbs, and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Spread one quarter of the sauce over bottom of an 11 x 7 inch (28 x 18 cm) baking dish. Place 6 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the dish. Top with peppers, half of the tomatoes and one quarter of the sauce. Place 6 more lasagna noodles in the dish, cover with eggplant and basil leaves, and top with one quarter of the sauce. Continue with 6 other lasagna noodles, top with cottage cheese and the remaining tomatoes and sauce. Lastly, add the 6 last lasagna noodles. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour. Brown under the broiler for a few minutes.