- 7 oz (200 g) fettuccine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 lb (225 g) prosciutto, sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 35% cooking cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 jar (125 ml) M'Lord marinated green asparagus, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 egg yolk
- Ground salt and pepper
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta as per package instructions. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sliced prosciutto in half of olive oil. Let cool and break into small pieces.
- In the same skillet, add remaining oil and cook scallions and garlic until golden. Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add chicken broth and reduce by half again. Pour in cream and let simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Add parmesan cheese, fettuccine and asparagus. Blend until noodles are well coated.
- Add egg yolk and stir gently until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on plates, sprinkle with reserved pieces of prosciutto and serve immediately.